Sunday, June 22, 2008

Setting Priorities

Life can be so busy!!

Setting priorities and focusing time and energy on the highest priority activities is a valuable technique to create the life we truly want.

I sometimes find it difficult to know how to set the 'right' priorities. Ah, perhaps that is the issue here, trying again to get it 'right'. I have spent much of my life trying to be 'perfect', to get it 'right'.

How many of you deal with this challenge? Do you need to get it 'right' and feel frustrated if you don't know how to do it 'right'?

A friend suggested I give myself time to simply relax and allow time for the sense of discomfort and frustration to 'settle', or at least to gain clarity about it. Writing can help, at least it does for me. Walking in nature helps also.

The truth is that I am setting priorities, maybe not in the way I'd prefer, however I make choices all the time about what to do next. There is the force of habit that mostly governs the choices I make. I prefer to be more consciously aware and choose based on my major goals and dreams for the life I want to create.

Sometimes I hear a little voice inside telling me to relax and allow the Universe to do more of the work for me. That has not been easy for me to do. I tend to think that I must be doing something in order for results to happen. I keep hearing the phrase "If it's going to be, it's up to me."

Are we human beings or human doings?

What is the balance between thinking, visualizing, meditating and action?

The creative process, and the process of life, is interesting to explore. We are all doing this, whether we are conscious of it or not.

No comments: